Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Balance Training and other Balance topics.
Editors at Fitness Magazine say this is one of many good balance exercises using a stability ball. This is an exercise to improve balance that also targets your abs. Here is how to do it: (work up to three sets).
1. Stand with feet together about a foot behind a stability ball.
2. Bend from the hips, placing hands on ball.
3. Keeping torso extended and abs and glutes tight, raise left leg behind you until it's parallel to the floor.
4. Keep your foot flexed and your inner thigh facing the floor.
5. Rotate your torso to the left and extend left arm overhead.
6. Turn head to gaze at left hand.
7. Hold for three counts.
8. Lower and return to starting position.
Repeat on opposite leg.
|Sheri Ann Richerson|